Tonight at the gym a scene struck me..It made me smile..it made me laugh a little..it even gave me goosebumps. There they were, surely in their mid-eighties smack dab in the middle of the free-weight room. They stood out like frail fish out of water against the back drop of heavy weights and beefy guys with tattoos. She was tiny in her little gray sweat suit with the bottoms pulled up way too high. He was a proud Marine with his red Marine baseball cap and a old Semper Fi tattoo on his now frail forearm. Surely, one of our last few living vets of WWII. They sat on weight machines moving ever so slowly with the pin always set to the lightest weight plodding through their exercises side-by-side.I imagine he hadn't touched her in years, ya know in THAT way. I could be wrong, but I am probably right, yet the way she looked at him with that cute wry smile and the way he looked at her as a protector and so endearing ...well...they touched each other in a much deeper way each and every time...*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment