Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Touching

When you don't have it there is a vacuum that gets left within you. The heat of another body, warm quiet whispers in your ear, the breath on your neck

The taste, the feel, the rhythm of two people together. I'm not just talking about a fling, or a random sexual encounter. I am talking about being in synch with someone. That kind of passion and intensity where you want to look into someone's eyes while you are with them.


To hold someone, to lie next to them to hear their heartbeat. To have that person hold you, lay their head against your chest. To have that feeling ..ya know like YOU are their world. Does this make sense? Are you hearing me here? I am not talking about something sappy, or overly romantic gesture.

No I am talking about passion, and the comfort of lying in someone's arms or having them lie in yours.

Then suddenly you are lying there breathless. Words are meaningless, because the unspoken completely takes over and the communication is all physical. At that moment…there is no outside world, no jobs, no troubles, no tomorrow. Just that moment.

When you live a lone. Very alone like me. Not having this is one of the most difficult parts of my existence from day to day. The longing for it makes me ache most days if I am being honest.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY. And you put it into words so perfectly.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete